Lookers Mercedes Leasing Privacy Notice
We are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice explains how we will use the personal information we collect when you interact with us or use any of our services.
Lookers Mercedes Leasing is a trading style of Lookers Motor Group Limited. References to “Lookers Mercedes Leasing”, “we”, “our” or “us” in this privacy notice refer to Lookers Motor Group Limited. Lookers Motor Group Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 00143470 and our registered office is at Lookers House, 3 Etchells Road, West Timperley, Altrincham, WA14 5XS.
We pay a data protection fee under the Data Protection (Charges and Information) Regulations 2018 and our registration number is Z5714872.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may capture personal information that you supply to us, such as your name, email address, telephone number, whether you are a personal or business customer, business name, financial details, employment details and password you chose if you create an account with us, where you apply for finance, we and/or our finance provider will check your details with the credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and obtain data as a result of those checks.
The provision of some data is a contractual requirement or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are not obliged to provide this data, but if you do not, then we may be unable to enter into a contract with you or fully perform the contract we have entered into with you. In some cases, it may lead to the termination of your contract with us.
All information that you supply to the website will be processed in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation, including the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation.
HOW WE MAY USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We are committed to protecting your privacy. As such we will only ever use your personal information in accordance with relevant legislation. Data Protection legislation requires us to have a lawful basis for processing your data. This means a lawful and legitimate reason for carrying out the activities listed in this Privacy Notice.
We may use your personal information where it is necessary for the purposes of, or to enter into, a contract:
- to place an order for a vehicle on your behalf
- authorising receiving payments for a vehicle you order
- where you have submitted an application for finance
We may use your personal information where you have provided consent for us to do so:
- to create an account with us
- where you have requested that we keep you up-to-date with news and events
We may use your personal information where you it is necessary for compliance with legal obligations:
- record keeping and regulatory compliance purposes
- carrying out checks to prevent money laundering
- for registering your vehicle with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
We may use your personal information where it is necessary to protect your vital interests:
- where we need to tell you about a potential safety issue or product recall
We may use your personal information where it is within our legitimate interests to do so:
- to respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us for, for example, requests for information about specific vehicles
- to carry out credit reference and fraud prevention checks
- to carry out staff training
- to conduct market research and surveys
- to send some types of marketing we believe you may be interested in
- to defend or bring legal claims
- to share data with other companies within the Group or third parties to help provide our services
- to analyse, evaluate and improve our services
- to inform you about changes to our business, such as updates to terms and conditions.
Legitimate interests are our commercial reasons for using your data, but even so, we will not unfairly put our legitimate interests above what is best for you. Where we use your data for any of the above purposes, we do so because it is in our legitimate interests of developing and running an efficient and effective business.
WHO WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
Where you provide personal information to one company within our Group it may be shared with other companies within the Group. We may also share your personal data with the DVLA, the manufacturer of your vehicle, delivery agents, after market accessory suppliers and finance providers.
In the event that the business is being sold, merged, reorganised or similar we may disclose your data to prospective buyers.
Where we share your personal data with other organisations, we will take all reasonable measures to make sure it is properly protected, as far as is possible.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION INTERNATIONALLY
In certain situations, your personal information may be shared with a third party who is situated outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). This may, for instance, be a manufacturer who is based in another country. Where such transfers do occur, we will ensure your personal data is protected in a manner that is equivalent to the way it would be protected within the EEA and in accordance with this Notice. We will only make such a transfer where a decision has been made by the European Commission that a place provides adequate protection for your personal data; or
- We have put appropriate safeguards in place to protect your personal data such as standard contractual clauses; or
- We rely on a specific ground for the transfer (called a derogation), such as your consent.
If you would like details of the specific safeguards in place, please contact us using the contact details in the 'Contacting Us' section of this notice.
Under data protection legislation you have the following rights:
- Right of Access - You may, at any time, request access to the personal data that we hold on you. This is called a Subject Access Request and it entitles you to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, subject to any exemptions that may apply.
- Right to Rectification - You may, at any time, request that we correct personal data that we hold about you which you believe is incorrect or inaccurate. You may also ask us to erase personal data if you do not believe that we need to continue retaining it
- Right to Erasure - You may, at any time, request that we erase personal data if you do not believe that we need to continue retaining it
- Right to Restrict Processing - You may, at any time, request the restriction of our processing your personal data. Note that this is not an absolute right and is only applicable in certain circumstances. When processing is restricted we will still retain your personal data and it will not be deleted from our files/servers etc.
- Right to Portability - You may, at any time, request that personal data we hold about you is transferred to a third party. Alternatively, you can request its provision to you in a commonly used machine-readable format.
- Right to Object - You may, at any time, object to us processing your data for the purposes of direct marketing. You may also object to us processing your data for other purposes, however this right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
- Right to Withdraw Consent - Where we rely on consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge.
We aim to respond to any such requests within one month of receipt. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details in the 'Contacting Us' section of this notice.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary. The retention period will vary depending on the type of personal data concerned. In order to determine the retention period we take into account the nature of the personal data, the purpose(s) for processing it, your relationship with us, any legal and regulatory requirements and any industry standards and guidelines. Once we no longer need your personal data, it will be securely destroyed.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We have the right to alter this privacy notice at any time and any amendments will be posted on our website. This privacy notice was last reviewed and updated in May 2020.
If you need to contact us about this privacy notice, to exercise your rights or any other matters relating to the personal information we hold on you, you can email us at GDPRHelp@lookers.co.uk or write to the Data Protection Officer, Lookers House, 3 Etchells Road, West Timperley, Altrincham, WA14 5XS.
Whilst we always endeavour to resolve your concerns, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner. Please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office’s website for more information on how to do this – www.ico.org.uk